VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets.
VT Group is seeking Telecommunications Technician 1 located in
• Ensure projects are completed timely and accurately
• Manage the install, appropriately secure, and dress-in all cabling and user desktop IT equipment
• Oversee the integration, installation and testing of Telecom Systems
• Guide in the de-installation, relocation and/or installation of systems as needed
• Manage the IT cable plant and equipment installation as needed
• Oversee the pulling of CAT 5, CAT 6 and Fiber cables through all types of cable conveyances such as but not limited to: j-hooks, conduits, riser penetrations, cable tray, cable trough, ladder rack, and basket tray
• Responsible for submitting reports regularly regarding performance of the project
• Ensure safety measures are being followed
• Ability to pass government background check and drug test
• Must have valid driver license
• Experience with CAT 5, 6, 6A, coax cabling and Fiber
• Previous experience interpreting and complying with installation drawings and blueprints
• Must possess the physical ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces.
• Must be skilled with and have prior experience using common installation power and hand tools including hand-held saws, drills (including hammer drills), hole punches, levels, crimpers, fusion splicers, and conduit benders.
• Experience in pulling copper and fiber cables in drop ceilings, under floor, or through conduit/cable tray conveyances. This would include pulling in high pair copper and multi-strand fiber cables in between telecom closets and MDF’s.
• Experience in pulling multi pair copper (25 pair +) and fiber riser (12 strand +) and other backbone cables from telecom closets to MDF’s.
• Experience in terminating copper Cat6 and Cat6A connectors. Experience in terminating fiber unicam, hot melt, epoxy and quick connect connectors
• Experience in testing both copper and fiber cabling using Fluke DTX testers
• Experience in understanding floor plan drawings showing locations of work area outlets, telecom closet layouts, rack/cabinet mounting/grounding, and other schematics
• Experience in installation of cable conveyances such as J-hooks, cable tray, conduit, ladder rack in telecom closets
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of five (5) years plus hands on experience as an installer for the Department of Defense and/or major telecommunications services or equipment providers.
• Two (2) years of experience as a lead technician.
• Secret clearance preferred but not required.
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.