Here at VT Group, our business units provide turnkey engineering and logistics, enterprise Information Technology, and C5ISR services worldwide, primarily in the DOD, commercial, and healthcare arenas.
VT Group is seeking an Electronic Security Technician, international travel is required.
VT-Group is seeking an experienced technical professional lead to support the design, installation, and testing of Electronic Security Systems (ESS) including Physical Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, and CCTV systems.
• Personal services including design, procurement, installation, and testing of ESS to applicable Department of Defense Physical Security and Information Technology policy and requirements.
• Have ability to understand and interpret detailed drawings.
• Travel to site and perform a design site survey to include but not limited to, verifying current site conditions, validate customer provided site documents and drawings, and interface with system stake holders to gather functional requirements, to include all ESS requirements.
• Use the survey information to develop an Installation Design Package (IDP). Oversea the in-process review of the drawings provide recommendations.
• Install and integrate CCTV, IDS, and ACS equipment including but not limited to cameras, card readers, keypads, magnetic locks, passive infrared detectors, door locksets and balance magnetic switches.
• Install any required enclosures and/or conduit pathways to support CCTV, IDS, and ACS equipment.
• Conduct testing to ensure that all installed equipment and systems comply with the customer’s and manufacture’s performance specifications outlined in the applicable technical manuals, test specifications and requirement documents.
• High school diploma with 5 years of electronics security installation experience (Preferred)
• Expertise in Lenel system desired
• CCTV and Network Video Management solutions experience
• Database administration experience
• Network administration or engineering experience and industry certifications
• DoD electronic or network technical education
• Active security clearance: Minimum of DoD Secret
• Valid passport for international travel (up to 80%)
• A valid driver’s license
• VT Group is a drug free workplace and our employees are subject to Federal Government mandated pre-employment and random drug screenings
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.