- Maintains required equipment logs
- Knows the uses of different sets of controls and is able to position equipment in close or confined areas.
- Must comply with the latest OSHA equipment operating standards and regulations; and when excavating, must determine whether appropriate NASA/WFF, excavation permits have been approved prior and are current to the digging operation.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of operating gasoline or diesel-powered trucks or truck tractors with trailer or semi-trailer, basket trucks to 100 feet, front-end loaders, excavators, backhoes, trench diggers, forklifts, bulldozers, pavement cutters, motor grader, street sweeper, roller and sealer equipment, bobcat, and related attachments.
- Must operate motor graders, dozers, and excavators to grade construction sites, to establish sub-grade lines, cut roadways, swales, etc.
- Must be able to interpret project drawings as well as surveyed/marked grade stakes and shape the terrain to fit the intent of the designer.
- Must be able to bring a project site to grade with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to hit elevations at grade stakes and interpolate between them to within five hundredths of a foot.
- Excavates and backfills in confined areas in order that repairs may be made to subsurface utility lines.
- Must be knowledgeable of the various local soil types and terrain features to determine the best approach for vehicle operations as well as to determine the appropriate equipment to use for each job.
- Operates gasoline or diesel powered trucks or truck tractors with trailer or semitrailer, front-end loaders, grade-all, backhoes, trench diggers, forklifts, pavement cutters, bobcat, and related attachments.
- Must make vehicle configuration changes as required. o Must be able to perform all manufacturer-recommended operator maintenance.
- Loads trucks with various types of soil and/or maintenance-related materials and delivers to work site.
REQUIRED TOOL LIST:
- Tool Box I
- 1- Set Il2" Drive Socket Wrenches -7/6 to l-l/8"
- 1 - Set 3/8" Drive Socket Wrenches – 3/8" to 3/4”
- 1 - Set l/4" Drive Socket Wrenches – 1/4” to I/2"
- 1 - Set Combination Wrenches - 3/8" to l "
- 1 - Set Open End Wrenches - 3/8 " to 1”
- 1 - Screwdrivers, Phillips Head, 6",8" and 10"
- 1 - Screwdrivers, Flat Blade, 3/16" and3/8'
- 1 - Pliers, Diagonal, 8"
- 1 - Pliers, Vice Grip, 8"
- 1 - Pliers, Gas, 6"
- 1 - Pliers, Needle Nose, 6"
- 3 - Deep Sockets - 5/8",3/4" and 13/16"
- 1 -Wrench, Adjustable -10"
- 2 - Hammers, Ball peen 6oz and16oz
- I - Center Punch
- 1 - Starter Punch, 3/16"
- 1 - Set Tapered Punches
- 2 - Chisels,318" and 1"
- I - Allen Set, Screw Wrenches
- 1 -Pry Bar
- I – Flashlight
- I - Pocket Knife
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.