- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or related field) plus six (6) year’s experience, or an equivalent combination of related training and experience. Prefer: 10+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five of more years managing ship and submarine repair and modernization projects.
- Experience with shipboard and submarine installations and systems. Prefer: Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program experience.
- Prefer: Advanced graduate study in industrial engineering, operations management, business management, systems management, or statistics.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Have current and extensive contacts within the federal government community, including key decision makers, influencers, and partners
- Knowledge of federal business acquisition process
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated subject matter credibility
- Interpersonal skills to lead groups with or without direct line authority; negotiating and influencing skills; work as a contributing member of a team and in a team environment and collaborate across functions to manage cost and price factors that influence customer acquisition, retention, and revenue.
- Must possess detail orientation and ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- High level analytical and creative problem solving skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Ability to perform sophisticated quantitative analyses that translate into actionable insights
- Superior research and problem-solving skills founded on analytical rigor, strategic thinking, and strong business judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Adept at planning and organizing and identifying priorities and changing same when appropriate
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- Ability to make formal presentations
- Willing to travel
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Costpoint accounting software; inventory and manufacturing software; Access software; and advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Prefer: Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Prefer: Professional Engineering license
- Prefer: Lean/6-Sigma certification
- Valid driver's license.
- Position may require occasional travel, less than 10%
VT Group offers eligible employees a variety of comprehensive benefits programs, which may include:
- Medical insurance through a nationwide network
- Dental insurance for preventive, basic and major services
- Vision insurance that covers a wide range of services (subject to a specific co-pay or co-insurance amount)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.