As an integral member of the Company’s Business Development organization and Proposal Center, the Senior Proposal Manager manages the proposal development center and oversees the center’s staff in the development and submission of task order and project proposals for both government and commercial customers. S/he is also responsible for planning, organizing, facilitating and executing IDIQ proposals (both Prime and subcontractor role), and for assuring the company’s proposal development process is clearly disseminated and efficiently implemented and administered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects while working independently in a fast-paced environment;
• Must possess professional written and verbal communication skills, to include the ability to generate technical documents, and to effectively coordinate with various levels of management, project managers, technical personnel and client organizations; and must have the superior analytical skills to respond to RFP requirements in detail.
• Extensive understanding of capture plans and proposal processes, primarily with federal government customers.
• Familiarity with various contract types such a firm fixed-price, cost plus, fixed fee, and time and material.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized with high ability to multi-task, while maintaining a high-level of accuracy in a high-pressure, high-output, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to manage time, company resources, and personnel to deliver timely responses
• Ability to maintain consistent positive and proactive attitude.
• High proficiency in business and technical writing, editing, and proofreading.
• Ability to organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Demonstrated ability to translate complicated ideas into language easily understood by others.
• Excellent communication skills—both verbal and written—and strong interpersonal skills as daily interaction with all levels of personnel—including field and management—will be required.
• Ability to handle and use constructive feedback in order to make needed changes to documents and proposals. Ability to provide constructive feedback to others.
• Self-starter and be able to work independently with minimal supervision and broad direction
• Ability to work in a small, fast-paced, global organization that provides strategic communications involving information operations, media, and creative services
• Interviews operations and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies, production methods, and services pertaining to Company offerings
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Previous experience using Microsoft SharePoint as a collaboration and document management platform highly desirable
• Certified proposal training from Shipley Associates or another similar professional organization is desirable.
Bachelor's degree in a business-related field (e.g., Marketing, Business, English, Journalism, Communications) with ten (10) years’ experience; Related experience in proposal preparation and management, preferred; also preferred: seventy-five percent of required experience in support of preparing formal responses to federal customer requests.