- Twelve (12) years of practical experience as an installer of Shore C4ISR equipment for the Department of Defense and/or major telecommunications services or equipment providers
- Must have one of the following:
- Associates Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Information Technology or similiar
- Four (4) years of U.S. military service as a technician
- Completion of a formal two year or more contractor apprenticeship in a related field that included at least six months of formal classroom training and address electrical circuit theory, electromagnetic radiation, and other disciplines related to C4ISR installations
- An active DOD Secret clearance; TS/SCI preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be able to effectively lead a crew of other installers in the completion of multiple site locations.
- Effectively brief site personnel on the installation status and on future plans for completing the installation
- Understand and correctly red-line as-built drawings.
- Locate and correct installation errors such as standards violations and incorrect wiring.
- Possess Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Information Transport Systems (ITS) Installer certification and Technician certification
- CPR Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Electrician’s License
VT Group offers eligible employees a variety of comprehensive benefits programs, which may include:
- Medical insurance through a nationwide network
- Dental insurance for preventive, basic and major services
- Vision insurance that covers a wide range of services (subject to a specific co-pay or co-insurance amount)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for eligible health care and dependent care expenses
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.