- DOD Top Secret clearance required, eligible for TS/SCI clearance. Must obtain CI Poly within 6 months of starting
- Ability to pass government background check and drug test
- Previous experience interpreting and complying with installation drawings and blueprints
- Must possess the physical ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Must be skilled with and have prior experience using common installation power and hand tools including hand-held saws, drills (including hammer drills), hole punches, levels, crimpers, fusion splicers, and conduit benders
- Demonstrate a consistent record of good workmanship and compliance to standards
- Preferred experience with advanced speed and accuracy when performing tasks such as attaching fiber optic connectors (SC, LC, etc), RJ-45 connectors, and DB type connectors
- Experience in pulling large copper (25 pair +) and fiber riser (12 strand +) and other backbone cables from telecom closets to MDF’s
- Experience in terminating copper Cat6 and Cat6A connectors. Preferred experience in terminating fiber LC and SC unicam connectors
- Preferred experience in testing both copper and fiber cabling using Fluke DTX testers
- Experience in understanding floor plan drawings showing locations of work area outlets, telecom closet layouts, rack/cabinet mounting/grounding, and other schematics
- Experience in installation of cable conveyances such as J-hooks, cable tray, conduit, ladder rack in telecom closets
- Ability to follow directions from customer PM and have good attendance record
- Must be able to climb ladders, lifts, and access overhead drop ceiling areas
- Demonstrate above average speed and skill when performing tasks such as dressing cable installations so that the finished product presents a well-organized and professional appearance.
- Must have valid US Passport
- Willing to travel CONUS/OCONUS
Education and/or Experience:
- One year hands on experience as an installer for the Department of Defense and/or major telecommunications services or equipment providers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid driver’s license
- BICSI Technician Certification preferred
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.