Assembles, tests, and modifies prototype or custom electronic parts, systems, and apparatus to develop assembly methods and techniques for use by production workers by performing the following duties.
* Reads blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly and schematic drawings, and receives verbal instructions regarding work assignment.
* Attaches hardware and seals assembly.
* Examines parts for defects such as pinholes or chips.
* Calibrates unit according to specifications.
* Enters information on production records, logs, and other report forms.
* Repairs defective units rejected by inspection or test personnel.
* Intricate assembly of small metal boxes and components.
* Install hardware (helicoils, rivets, nuts, etc) using a wide range of hand tools, (Rivet nut guns, helicoil insert tools, etc)
* Stamp parts using rubber ink stamps
* Vent work –(Cut rubber gaskets, etc)
High School Diploma or GED plus one year of related experience. Preferred: Two years of manufacturing and sheet metal mechanic experience.